An important question that comes in my mind when I ask myself how important it is for an online store to allow customers to track their orders within the website. How frequent do people track a shipment? UPS suggests 2/0.42 times per shipment based on their 2012 fact sheet.
- Daily delivery volume =16.3 million packages & documents
- Online tracking Average = 39.5 million daily tracking requests
Let's do some simple Maths. Assume your online store:
- Monthly sales = **5,000 orders / shipments **from 5,000 customers
- Monthly Tracking volume = **12,100 times (2.42 per order)
If your store provides an easy way for customer to track a shipment within your website, you can turn tracking shipment into an opportunity to make customers return for cross-selling. i.e. 12,1000 extra visits per month.
AfterShip API helps online store to show delivery status within store, customers do not even need to input a tracking number! Alternatively, we also launched a FREE tracking widget for online shop with basic technical support.
Demo store - Go to "Order History" after login**
- login: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pwd: demo
For any questions, please contact me at email@example.com