Choose the Best Carriers and Lanes for This BFCM With Transit Time Report
Tracking and optimizing transit time is one of the most crucial elements in an eCommerce business. It can enhance the post-purchase experience and reduce shipping costs and time significantly.
AfterShip’s comprehensive transit time reports let you dive into meaningful carrier transit metrics accessible from a single dashboard. These reports can play a significant role in helping you understand the reasons behind longer transits and work on them to reduce holding costs and optimize delivery rates.
One of our customers—Mous, a London-based electronic accessories manufacturer, used this data to switch to better-performing carriers and reduce shipping times within Canada by 84% (from 2 weeks down to 2.5 days).
How to improve shipping performance with the “Transit time” reports
Here are a handful of benefits that the feature brings along -
- Get actionable insights on shipments, carriers’ transit time, transit time distribution, etc.
- Use a wide range of filters available to get the most meaningful data
- Access in-depth data about couriers and delivered shipments
- Get real-time transit information to improve shipping performance
- Reduce shipping costs to a significant extent
How to access the transit time report via AfterShip?
- Log in to your AfterShip account
- Click on the “Transit time” tab under the “Analytics” section
- Access the comprehensive transit time reports available - P85 transit time, Avg. transit time, Transit time distribution, Transit time by carriers, Transit time by lanes, etc.
- You can apply multiple filters such as Date, Couriers, Origin, and Destination to narrow down your results
Transit time data reports
Now let’s take a closer look at the transit time data reports to understand them better.
P85 transit time
It shows the time consumed in delivering 85% of the shipments.
Avg. transit time
Avg. transit time is the average time that shipments take to reach their destination.
Transit time distribution
It shows the percentage-wise breakdown of the shipment’s transit time, such as the percentage of shipments that got delivered within 0-3 days, 4-7 days, 8-11 days, and so on and so forth.
Transit time by carriers
It shows the transit time the top five carriers take to deliver the shipments through a horizontal bar graph.
Transit time by lanes
It gives you the average time a shipment takes to reach its destination from the origin point. You can sort your results from longest to shortest and vice versa.
Visit Aftership's Transit times to access your own reports showcasing shipping performance.
For more information on transit time reports and how to use them effectively, please check our help guide here. If you need any other assistance, feel free to connect with our customer support team.